July 13, 2006

Skyscrapers: Current and Future Trend Regarding Design, Function, and Height

"THE FUNCTION AND THE ASTONISHING DESIGNS THAT SEEM TO CONTRADICT THE RULES OF STABILITY WILL OVERTAKE THE TRIVIAL FACTOR OF HEIGHT!"

I have written this statement earlier in a post of mine. I think it is pretty obvious and is not a new discovery. Though, maybe I have just worded it nicely enough, but I have been asked to repost it so it is again for some time on the front page. If I get more positive comments, I might consider incorporating it into my blog title.

Btw, I used the term "function" not regarding office space, condominiums, etc, but in particular in respect to green buildings that will add to its environment (see my post on the BoA Building in NY to be found in my JUNE folder [Archive]).

Actually I might have to write the above in past tense:
"THE FUNCTION AND THE ASTONISHING DESIGNS THAT SEEM TO CONTRADICT THE RULES OF STABILITY HAVE OVERTAKEN THE TRIVIAL FACTOR OF HEIGHT" - well, as we see height seems to be still of great importance as one TBW is being built after the other....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home